JAMB CAPS is the new platform developed by the Joint Administration and Matriculation board for monitoring Admission in various institution of the country. The platform have been tested and trusted and have proven to be the only way to confirm the authenticity of one admission to avoid admission fraud.
READ ALSO: University With Cheap Tuition Fee.
Meaning Of JAMB CAPS
CAPS means Central Admission Processing System. The system was launched in 2016 but took effects from 2017. After every registration, student will be give a unique login details for accessing the portal in other to monitor their admission process.
Many universities are involve in admission racketeering in the country. The schools sells out their admission slots to people irrespective of their mark. This has made the right candidate that scored above the university cut off mark not to gain admission thereby making the admission process very hectic for students.
How JAMB CAPS Look Like?
JAMB CAPS is a software that is developed to process tertiary school admission. The CAPS contains your details like, Name, Email, Date of birth, Institution Applied and course, state and LGA.
After critical analyses by the JAMB registrar to put an end to this corrupt practices in the university, the registrar came up with this JAMB CAPS as a way of monitoring the admission process in the country.
However, some student have been finding hard to login to the platform to accept their admission, but following steps will make everything easy.
Steps Involved In Accessing Your JAMB CAPS
Before you can login to JAMB CAPS, they are requirement you need which include your E-mail address( the one you used to register for JAMB), a laptop or phone with strong internet connection, and finally your password.
- Go to your browser and type “JAMB e-facility”. You can click here to access the website.
- After waiting for the website to load up, you will be given a form to fill. This will ask of your email and password. Your email is the email address you used while doing the registration and your password is the unique password you entered during the registration process.
- After filling the space, click on Login. This will direct you to your JAMB dashboard. The dashboard contains your name, local government, date of birth and other important information about you.
- Scroll down and click on admission status at the bottom of the menu.
- After clicking, your registration number and year of exam will be displayed.
- You will see two buttons, click on the one with “Access my CAPS”.
- After clicking it your admission status will be displayed as “Not Admitted”, “Admission In Progress”, and “Admitted”.
Failure to accept this admission on caps will prevent from partaking the one year compulsory youth service program which will adversely prevent you from graduating from the university as your admission will be termed illegal by the JAMB. In other to avoid facing this mess, it is advisable one should accept his admission and print out his admission letter before going for the NYSC.
Why you Should Always Check Your CAPS
It is very important for aspirant to be glue to their CAPS as this is the only way they can monitor their admission. You may be required to perform some actions like accepting transfer approval from one course to the other from one institution to the other.
If you are admitted, you be required to accept or reject the admission to enable JAMB process your admission letter. If you click on accept, the window will automatically update your profile which will prevent other institution from considering you for admission.
Is JAMB CAPS Still Giving Admission?
Yes, JAMB CAPS is still giving admission to student. The platform is always updating everyday and thousands of students are been admitted on the platform every day.
When Is JAMB CAPS Closing?
The date for the closure of JAMB CAPS have not been disclosed yet. Meanwhile from previous years, JAMB CAPS have no closing date as admission are been rolled out to qualified candidate everyday.
My JAMB CAPS IS Showing Welcome
When you login to your JAMB CAPS, and you are only seeing welcome don’t worry. Use a chrome browser to access the website. Then click on the three dots are the upper end of chrome. Tick and request for a desktop site.